Unit Plan:
*series of lessons
*lasts for a week or a semester
*more about goals
*more about theme
*about key ideas
*key idea goal
*performance indicator objective
Lesson Plan:
*detailed description of course of instruction for an individual lesson
*about performance indicators
*a small segment of instruction
*lasts for one period
*mostly about objectives
*more about topic
*series of activities
I feel better now that I understand the difference between a lesson plan and a unit plan because I will be using both of them throughout my career as a teacher. Depending on the topic and how in depth I plan on teaching that topic, and how much class time it would take to teach the students properly and efficiently will be a major factor to indicate whether i will need to develop a lesson plan or unit plan. I am happy that we learned about it and i will always reference back to make sure i have covered everything within the unit plan or lesson plan checklist in order for my students to be able to learn everything that they need to know to be successful in social studies.
No comments:
Post a Comment