Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fun and Educational Social Studies website for kids!

                            BRAIN POP!
       

Brainpop is an colorful, entertaining, educational website that both students and teachers can acess on the internet. The website has videos, quizzes, information, and much more about a variety of Social Studies topics. I personally love this website because I used it while i was in elementary and middle school in order to help me with studying and brushing up my skills on certain subjects. The videos are comical and very fun for students to watch too! I had teachers in school that would use the videos in order to start lessons to activate prior knowledge and get us excited for what we were to learn that day.

*First Step: Go to http://www.brainpop.com/
*Second Step: click on Social Studies
*Third Step: Pick a topic (Culture, Famous historical figures, US government & law, world history, economics, Geography, US history
*Fourth Step: Pick an subject within the topic that you choose (Example: Topic-Geography, Subject-Map skills.
*Fifth Step: Have fun! Student can read information or watch video in order to gain knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment