Tuesday, December 6, 2011

stopbullying.gov

                                                      Stop the bullying!


                              

I came across the website stopbullying.gov and I believe that this website is a very important and insightful way for people to learn about bullying. The website gives information about bullying and about how it can happen anywhere: face to face, text messages, and on the internet. Bullying is not limited by age, gender, or academic achievment. Bullying is not a phase, it is not a joke, and it can cause major harm to people. Bullying is a serious problem in schools and something needs to be done about it. I always learned in elementary school the golden rule about "treating others the way you want to be treated", but i believe that bullying has gotten worse do to all of the availabilities of technology that children have today. Bullying is a lot easier to do when it is done over the internet or in text messaging because a person can say whatever they want without thinking of the consequence of being with that person face to face. As a future teacher, I plan to talk to my students about the seriousness of bullying and that it will not be toletated in my classroom. Also, from this website i learned the different types of bullying: Verbal-name calling, teasing. Social-rumors, breaking friendships, leaving people out. Phsycial-hitting, punching, shoving. Cyber bullying-technology used to harm others. This website also adressed LGBT bullying and how people should not be bullied because of their personal sexual preferences. I like how this website includes "webisodes" which are educational cartoon videos for students to watch and learn about bullying. This website is great and everyone should take their time to look at it.

http://www.stopbullying.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment