Friday, December 9, 2011

Social Studies Philosophy Statement

Social Studies Philosophy Statement
My philosophy statement for being a Social Studies teacher is for students to have a positive experience in the classroom, and to learn knowledge that they can carry with them for the rest of their lives.  I want go get students eager to learn each and every day! In addition, I do not want to just throw out facts about history to the students, but to think of an enthusiastic and creative teaching style that will help the students to learn the best way that they can. Also, I want to provide the students with a healthy learning environment where the student can feel free to ask questions and participate in the classroom. The students need to know that I am willing to help them no matter what it is that they find challenging. My students should be able to take the acquired knowledge that I teach them and be able to use it in their lives. I will always be a role model to the students can be someone that they can look up to. Students need to know the importance in history and I plan on getting that point across by being enthusiastic, creative, and fun. I plan on knowing how each and every individual child in my classroom knows best from what type of lesson, to the different types of activities that will be needed to teach in order to succeed. I will always incorporate technology and hands on activities as well as group reading sessions to balance out technology and books. I will always think of the future and how I can be the best teacher that I can be.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment